Am I A Candidate For Panniculectomy?
Panniculectomy Bellevue is intended for patients who have a major amount of skin around the lower abdomen and want to eliminate the daily struggles this can bring. Candidates for a panniculectomy include:
- Difficulty with skin infections underneath or between the folds of excess skin
- Difficulty with constant skin irritation around the pannus
- Difficulty with lower back pain due to a large amount of lower abdominal skin
- Trouble fitting into tight clothing
- Insecurity around excess overhanging skin in the lower abdomen
- Skin that hangs over the genitalia
- Mobility issues due to excess skin
- Overhanging abdominal skin that doesn’t respond to diet or exercise
A panniculectomy Bellevue can help you overcome these challenges by creating a flat, contoured abdominal region.
How To Prepare
The best way to prepare for a panniculectomy surgery is to attend a consultation at The Gallery of Cosmetic Surgery. Our providers work to create incredible solutions for you and provide an in-depth guide on what to expect. During this consultation, they will first ensure you are a proper candidate for the surgery. Next, they may give you a list of preparation instructions, including:
- Cease certain medications a week two before surgery
- Stop smoking for at least four weeks before the procedure
- Have a loved one drive you to and from the procedure
- Prepare to take off work and rest for at least a week
- Prepare to have someone help you with daily tasks
The expert providers at The Gallery of Cosmetic Surgery can provide a more in-depth list of instructions during a consultation.
During a panniculectomy, Bellevue, You will be placed under general anesthesia before the surgery begins to ensure a smooth and safe process. The expert provider will make an incision that mimics the one found in a tummy tuck that can be hidden below the bikini area. The entire surgery can last for two hours or longer, depending on how much skin needs to be removed. After surgery, you will be held for a few hours to ensure safety, but once you are cleared, you will be released to return home with a loved one.
Panniculectomy Bellevue Recovery
The recovery process for a Panniculectomy depends on how much skin was removed and how in-depth the procedure was. However, for many patients, it can be a quicker recovery that helps patients achieve their goals. Some recovery instructions may include:
- Take all medication prescribed to ensure the best rest
- Take at least one to two weeks off of work
- Avoid any exercise or physical activity until cleared by your provider
- Do not smoke for at least two months or until cleared
- Rest in an upright position
- Do not strain the incision site